Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: arg...more frustration

Default Re: arg...more frustration

That is wonderful! I know you're relieved.

Quote Originally Posted by ice_queen View Post
    I feel so freaking bi-polar...I was feeling GREAT yesterday.
    Sounds just like me. One day I'm on here feeling all confident and passing out advice like I have a clue what I'm doing. The next I'm weeping into my keyboard. The next I feel so good that I want to "pay it forward" and help someone else. The next I am . I think feeling bi-polar is part of the job description, isn't it? (I think I read that somewhere on the box the pregnancy test came in....)
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

I'm sorry to come back with even more issues, but you all were so helpful last time I didn't know where else to turn.
    You will come back with more issues. And then you'll learn something from the ladies here and one day you'll help another new mama with her own issues. And then you'll have some more issues and come here again. And then you'll learn something .... Isn't it great?

She spent yesterday all day awake with the exception of a few hours of napping...all awake and alert, and now today she is just sleeping all day long...are there supposed to be days like this?
    Are there supposed to be days like this, you ask? Go do a search for some of my sleep posts. Since Day 1 Haley has taken me on the Super Dooper Looper of sleep rides. One day she's wide awake all day and I can't get a minute to myself. The next she sleeps like she's been in a prison camp and sleep-deprived for torture. Then she starts The Great Nap Strike. Babies are nothing if not unpredictable!

Yep, mama, there will be days like this. The best advice I can give you is to just go with the flow. I learned the hard way that the fewer expectations you have, the less frustrated you will be and you'll be better able to enjoy your baby. Remember that she's still very young, too. As she gets older, she WILL settle in a bit more. (But she'll still give you a run for your money!)
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

My LO changes her mind from day to day. She usually has a few days where she naps all day then a few days where she barely naps at all.

baby girl gained 4 ounces!!! She passed with flying colors. The nurse was hoping she would gain 2-3 ounces, so right on!
    Hooray!!!

Keep up the good work, both of you!

Thanks everyone! I know that there will be new hurdles to jump as time goes by...but it feels good to have jumped this one for now