Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating constantly- I can't do this :(

Default Re: Eating constantly- I can't do this :(

Thanks Stacie!

I did make a quick stop at the Peds office while we were out. She got screaming again pretty bad. Apparently she has thrush - One more new thing!
    So hopefully with the mylicon and the nystatin in a few days all will be well!!!

Mommy, I wish i could reach through the computer and give you a big hug! My sis-in-law is going through tough times with a newborn as well. They are beautiful but can be quite demanding on us mammas. One thing that every mom seems to agree upon is that night-time is the most difficult. I too had a little one who nursed constantly in the beginning and it is just so tough to go so many sleepless nights in a row. I too threw out all that free formula so it would stop "mocking" me in the middle of the night

You are right, it shall pass & soon she will be toddling around your house and you'll wish she was tiny again.

Lots of good advice from the other moms, keep up the great work. I'm thrilled that this forum exists. YEAH LLL!

My son is 5 months old now and I must have wanted to give up 1000 times in the begining. He had trouble latching on, wanted to nurse constantly, had weigh loss issues, the list goes on. BUT, it is SOOOO easy now. When my friends that bottle feed have to get up at night or in the morning and make a bottle, I just have to reach over into his little bed, pull it out and away he goes. She will get into a better routine eventually and these moments will be distant memories and you will be glad that you stuck with it for both of yalls benefit!
    It does help to have someone to talk to! Hang in there you are obviously doing a good job if she is gaining.

My daughter was suddenly feeding all the time at seven weeks old, and my health-visitor called that 48-hour-feeding-frenzy. Apparently some babies get this when they have a growth spurt, and it really stops after two days. I was ready to use formula and was grateful to get this information!

How are things going for you, Dianne? Any improvement?

I know I'm a little behind, but I wanted to throw in my two cents... you CAN do it. I was certain that I couldn't, especially when my daughter did it at 3 weeks and again at 6 weeks... but I did it, and we're still going at 2 1/2 months. You CAN do it. I know it's hard, but it gets better, and keep telling yourself that it won't be like this forever!

Hi girls,
    thanks for asking. Am nursing as we speak, so ignore any typos, ok!

Ashlyn is still eating Constantly- I am not joking.
    We had her 4 week appt friday, she was 10 lbs even. Mind you at birth she was 7 lbs, so she has gained 3 lbs in 4 weeks.
    She is sleeping better at night. We had a talk, that she could eat as much as she wanted to during the day, as long as she let me sleep. So far we have both lived up to our side of the deal!