Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Milk flow problem???

Default Milk flow problem???

Recently my son has been very fussy and I think its because he's not getting enough milk. I pumped this morning my superstar left breast which normally yields about four ounces and I only got two. I think its a latching problem because my nipples are so sore afterwards plus two days ago I felt like I had pulled a muscle in both breast. Any suggestions? Do you think a LLL would come to my home and show me how to latch properly?

Default Re: Milk flow problem???

Quote Originally Posted by sunsmommy View Post
    Do you think a LLL would come to my home and show me how to latch properly?
    Well pumping doesn't always give accuracy as to what your actually producing. Baby is sooo much better at getting the milk out.
    On another note an LC will normally make house calls for a fee. Do you have a LLL group in the area? Sorry not much help it could be latch or thrush I am sure many other great mama's will post with some better advice. I am not sure how to go fishing for info and post them just yet Oh and how old is your DS? it may be he is going through a growth spurt they happen often along the lines of 3 weeks, 6 weeks,3 months.

Becky

Default Re: Milk flow problem???

Thank you so much for your input...What is a DS? He's three weeks and five days.