Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd response from HR on work-pump request

Default Re: Odd response from HR on work-pump request

Quote Originally Posted by I've a Grey Eyed Baby View Post
    No one knew what I was doing until a new mom (also BF'ing) across the hall told someone who was going to knock on my door (very loudly) "She's pumping! Don't bother her!!"
    LOL, well so much for discretion!

I would like to think that she meant well. From an IT perspective, I could see not wanting all of that liquid around a laptop. I was going to try to use my laptop while pumping, but decided I could focus better if I didn't.
    Oh, and if it was about not wanting to mix break with work time and thus get more time, tell them to stop having people eat at their desks then. :P

Depending on what YOU want to do, and what works best for YOU, working while pumping may be very convenient. It was for me! I bought a pumping band, so I was able to pump hands-free. It was great. I would get it all set up and then... work! This may not work for everyone, but reduced stress for me because I didn't have to worry about my work productivity while pumping.

But if thinking about your baby or reading a book helps your let-down and milk supply, then you should do what is best for you and the baby.