Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can't really feel let down anymore, what to do?

Default Can't really feel let down anymore, what to do?

I can't really feel my let down for the last few days. My little guy has also had a hard time of nursing during this time, I thought due to the the heat, but now think maybe something is wrong with my milk supply? I also noticed today he didn't have as many wet diapers as usual. He still had one or two really wet ones and then only two or three very slightly wet diapers.

Beth

Default Re: Can't really feel let down anymore, what to do?

It can be normal not to feel your letdown. From what I've heard, some people feel it at first and then eventually don't. Some people don't feel it at first and then eventually do. Some people always feel it. Some people (like me) never feel it. I guess everyone's different, huh?

However, if you're noticing changes in your LO, it's definitely worth looking into. What do you mean by "having a hard time nursing"? Is he acting like he's not satisfied after he nurses? It might be worth talking to a LC or LLL leader if you think there might be a problem.
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Default Re: Can't really feel let down anymore, what to do?

Something similar happened to me around the 4 month mark. When I would pump, I stopped feeling letdowns. When I would nurse, I feel the letdowns every time. Also, watch and listen to your baby because during a letdown the baby's sucking changes and you can hear him swallowing. So, just because you don't feel the letdown doesn't mean you're not having one. If you're concerned with the diaper output, just keep putting ds to the breast. I would talk to the LC just for peace of mind, kwim? GL