Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Re: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

I like the sleep postioner idea and we have one, thank you I will try it.
    I have a swing she doesn't like it , it like been there done that.
    Ferber Method didn't work for me.
    I cannot wear her because I must be able to have a professional phone conversation without whispering and she will wake at sound of my voice.
    I found that I can't do CIO right now I ended up picking her up and nursing her now she is tossing and turning in our bed. What to do? Must go get her and start alal over.
    Thanks for the advice.

I suggest reading Baby Whisperer. It'll take a bit of training to get your LO to sleep alone, but eventually your LO will learn. I'm still in the "training" phase, but I've heard that the techniques in the book actually works. You have to be patient and consistent during the "training" phase....

good luck!

SO far I will buy that and no cry sleep solution Thanks

( I don't know if someone has already posted this if so, Sorry)

I would check out the book called lullababy sleep plan by Dr Catherine (I think) Tobin. It's a book about babies sleep cycles and some ideas to help you teech your baby to fall asleep. It's not a CIO book but it by no means claims that there will be no crying. I think it's a very gentle but firm way to help your lo learn to go to sleep on his own. Feel free to pm me if you want more details. I've read the book twice. I like it, obviously there's no "sure-fire" plan but I really like the way this book was written it's a fast easy read and it's got some really good ideas that were helpful to me. seriously pm me if you want more info.

I also used the Baby Whisperer and as the PP said it takes a lot of work in the beginning, but I startedusing it at two months and now for naps and bedtime I can lay my DD in her crib, drowsy, and give her a kiss and walk out and she goes to sleep, no crying!!! She does take a paci though and will fuss if it falls out before she is in a deep enough sleep, but that's no big deal. I definately reccommend this book....it is hard in the beginning but well worth the effort in the end, and you do not have to listen to your LO cry....she tells you to go in and comfort them if they are upset, so it may work better for you. Good Luck!!!

Unhappy Re: Has anyone tried CIO and it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    I cannot recommend enough a swing. Get Playskools cradle swing, it swings front-back and side-side, so if one way doesn't work there's a chance the other will.

Our daughter loves this, and 95% of the time, drifts right off to sleep within 5 minutes of rocking. Leave her in it for about 10 minutes, and 95% of the time I can (gently!) take her out and take her up to her crib, where she will generally sleep 2-4 hours.

Also, have you thought about a sleep positioner? We got one for our little one because she kept rolling over and we wanted her to sleep on her back. I think it also kind of makes her feel safe, because the sides butt right up against her (plus we swaddle her).

I wish this were true for us! I went out and got a fancy swing that plugs in and has all kinds of bells and whistles, music and a movable mobile but my 10 week old daughter won't last any more than 5 minutes in it!
    I'm ready to throw it out!

Hang onto it! You never know. We didn't get one until DD was 5 mos. I was afraid it would be too late for her to use it, but now she rarely naps without it. You never know. When your LO is older, they may like it!

CIO worked with Mara, we had no choice but to let her CIO, she hated to be held and rocked. I co slept with Nicholas and when he was 6 months old he liked his crib better and always fell alseep watching his Fisher Price Aquarium. Kayleigh doesn't much much when I lay her down for a nap, she will usuallu fall asleep watching her mobile, which the base of it has water, glitter, lights up and plays music and the top part has a light and pooh, eyeore, piglet and tiger and she loves it, always falls alseep watching it. Plus it also has like sounds of the ocean and so on.. If she really won't give it up I put on a lullabye CD and rock her while I am standing. If all else fails she will fuss in her crib for 15 mins and give it up. She is ok with her swing, she wouldn't sit in it 5 mins until she was 4 months old. Now she may last 30 minutes in it. I wish you luck I know how hard it is.

Well, I just can't do it. She doesn't cry she just chews her feet, for HOURS. She's a funny girl.

We did CIO with DD at 6 months. We let her cry for 5 minutes and then went in to comfort her by singing to her and rubbing her back. This lasted for about 2 nights (we didn't use CIO for naps, and she never took a paci). We never let her cry for more than a 5 minute stretch. Since then she has been sleeping from 7:30-7, and she is now 5 years old. We plan on trying this with DS when the time is right-- I wouldn't attempt it before 6 months.

This wasn't easy for us, but as you say, we needed her to sleep, and so did she. All signs showed that she still she knew we love her and are always there for her.

Good luck!