Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need to go back to work-please help

Default Re: need to go back to work-please help

Quote Originally Posted by lrosen8750 View Post
    I am sure if you approach the principal he/she will surely allow you to run to your car for 15 min.or at the least let you sit in a bathroom. Your students will go to lunch and maybe if they have a special (art, music) you will have another few extra min. also.
    I will be in a high school with block scheduling. So I'll have one 90 minute block a day free and 25 minutes for lunch. I don't know the times yet. I will probably be able to pump only twice but I think it will work out. I am thinking I will move a stool into the teachers bathroom. I think there is probably a plug in there. The principal would probably die if I asked him where I could BF! He is a total macho jock, cares about sports more than academics... plus the school is so big I will likely meet him once and never see him again. I have was in this school before, so I can ask the teachers I know what would be a good solution.

I am sure it will be fine... it's just on my mind. I only have to return for 7 weeks (32 days thanks to Thanksgiving). So I keep telling myself I can make it through 32 days.

You can definately do it for 32 days!! ok forget the approach the principal suggestion

I am so jealous- I would do anything to stay home- Iwas lucky enough to spend 3 years home with my son (now 5). Oh well.... hopefully after this year I can take some time off.

Good Luck!!
    Lauren

We'll see how long I can stay home. Right now DH has pledged to work as much as is needed until she is at least 18 mos. (The start of the 2008 school year.) After that I am hoping... to think of something I can do other than going back to work... maybe tutoring? or baby sitting?