Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need to go back to work-please help

Default Re: need to go back to work-please help

Thanks again!

I actually have milk in my freezer already- I just hope it lasts! And I hope I stored it correctly. I have a fridge that has the pull out (like a drawer) freezer on the bottom. I am assuming the milk will last for 3 months in there- I need to find that out!

I'll just keep pumping and come Sept. need to figure out a good pumping schedule.

Thanks!!
    Lauren

I have the same freezer. It seems to be ok. So far he has drank 3 oz of defrosted milk with no problem. And I was storing it in the bottom shelf towards the front. Now I keep it the top shelf (the one that pulls out separately from the door) towards the back. Here is a good site with info on storage. Good luck with everything!

I'm a teacher as well and thus returning at the end of August. I have the same exact worries. I am terrified that my job will impact my supply and I will not be able to nurse. I need that connection with my boys--especially after being gone for 7 hours during the day. I wish summer was a few months longer

I'm glad your freezer did the trick! I have some milk on the top in the back and some milk on the bottom under frozen vegies!!

Now.. my new dilema-I was using a hospital pump and that won't work in my car so I hope my 5 year old Medella works as well. Unfortuately I am a traveling teacher with no where to pump but the car!!

Lauren

You can always use an inverter. It plugs into your car outlet and you can plug the pump into that. This one should be sufficient. Or you can try your local walmart or radioshack. We have one for my laptop, which I will also use for the pump when we go on a long car trip this fall. My pump is so nice I'm too afraid to try anything else.

The inverter sounds great!!

It will take a 3 prong plug (I cannot think of the word- my brain is scrambled)?

Thanks

Yup! See the pic here.

P.S. Have you tried the bottle yet?

Thank you!
    I actually found an adapter made for the pump I'm renting! I am so happy!! I was so bummed out until you even mentioned the inverter and that led me to this adapter- I owe you one!

I have not yet started the bottle- I am such a wimp- I don't exactly know what the blockage I have to giving it a try, but I can't bring myself to do it yet-that and finding a good babysitter for when I go back in Sept.

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by lrosen8750 View Post
    I have not yet started the bottle- I am such a wimp- I don't exactly know what the blockage I have to giving it a try, but I can't bring myself to do it yet-that and finding a good babysitter for when I go back in Sept.
    DH gave DD a bottle when she was 4 days old and it almost broke my heart! (The reason for the bottle is a long story) I felt like I was being replaced so I can understand your hesitation. We have been EBF since that day and I am just getting ready to start pumping again to let DH take a few feedings.

I am going to be student teaching for 7 weeks beginning in October. My college was great about giving me time off before I finish my teaching certificate but I am already dreading going back. I am not sure how I will manage pumping as I will be a guest in the school not an employee. Thanks for your post. I'll be thinking of you when school starts.

When I was a classroom teacher (now my job is a little bizarre) I used to pump in the janitor's closet. I had to pump about 4 times during the day (long story) at work. It was disgusting in that closet.

I am sure if you approach the principal he/she will surely allow you to run to your car for 15 min.or at the least let you sit in a bathroom. Your students will go to lunch and maybe if they have a special (art, music) you will have another few extra min. also. It can't get worse than the janitor's closet!!

Definately ask!!