Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cord falling off???

Default Re: Cord falling off???

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post

Funny thing happened though.. I put the cord on the nightstand while I was finishing changing his diaper and my silly little doggie snuck up on the bed and ate it off the nightstand.
    My dog did the same thing. It took almost 3 weeks and I was so excited for it to come off. I had planned on saving it (it was not yucky as some I have seen) and sure enough it fell off, fell out of his little gown, I missed it and the darn dog ate it! How gross is that?

My lo's cord came off at 10 days. In the UK they tell you not to put anything on it at all, and to fold their nappies down below it to let it air dry. This way it usually only takes a week or so. My lo's stayed on longer because I had antibiotics during labour and this is a common effect. It was a little gunky in there when it first came off, but the health visitor said it was fine and to just keep it clean with cotton buds (q-tips). The gunky stuff became crusty and gradually came away like a scab and now he has a perfect bellybutton.

Oh and I was gross and put his cord in an envelope and popped it in his 'keepsakes' box - along with the positive pregnancy tests from 10 months ago. My Mum did the same thing with me, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by bjdean2003 View Post
    They say that keeping it moist with alcohol keeps it on longer?!?
    That's what my ped to me also, just clean it with alcohol once a day. I did it with the first diaper change or if it was bath day after the bath. Saturate a q-tip with alcohol and rub it around on the stump. My DD fell off after about 10 days.