Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Breastfeeding and Menstrual Cycle

Default Breastfeeding and Menstrual Cycle

Hello Mommies,

Currently I am not a mommy, but I have the FAITH and I am believing that I will be a mommy soon. I am asking a question on the behalf of someone else, she is a new mommy and recently her cycle returned. She is wondering if breastfeeding during your cycle makes you more tired? Thanks for you responses mommies.

Default Re: Breastfeeding and Menstrual Cycle

I haven't noticed a connection. But I'm so tired all the time anyway that it can't much worse :-)

Thanks for the response.

Many women feel some extra fatigue as part of their pre-menstrual/menstrual time. So perhaps it's unrelated to the breastfeeding. Is she having an overwhelming amount of tiredness?
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

Thank you! I am not sure, I can ask her though. I do know that she asked if "pumping during one's cycle can cause extreme fatigue."
    Last edited by BlessedWomb; July 3rd, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

I haven't noticed any fatigue when I pump or nurse during my period.

I found this, though:
    http://www.mamashealth.com/nutrition/anemia.asp

From ^that^ website:
    High-risk groups include: women of child-bearing age who have blood loss through menstruation; pregnant or lactating women who have an increased requirement for iron; infants, children, and adolescents in rapid growth phases; and people with a poor dietary intake of iron through a diet of little or no meat or eggs for several years.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

That post on anemia bears very interesting things =) I am anemic - used to be borderline - but since pregnancy and then birth - I am officially an anemic. I find that if I dont take my iron pills I do get really run down. Might wanna have her OB check that red cell count =)

Eat dark leafy greens! Yum!

Thanks so much ladies/mommies for your responses. I am getting ready to share this info. with her right now!!! Thanks again!!!