Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back from the hospital

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Back from the hospital

Remeber me posting about Taylor's nursing strike? Well we landed in the hospital. Taylor had an ear infection with no signs. No fever, no swelling, no pulling at ears. Finally after refusing to nurse off and on and seeing 3 doctors, (I even tried to get an appointment with Dr. Sear but he charges 120 for 10 min.) they admitted us. She was so dehydrated she wouldn't open her eyes when she woke up one morning. That was such a hard thing for me and it came on so quick.
    The real reason I'm writting this post is to vent about Co-sleeping at the hospital. They gave her a "crib" where all babies should go in their minds. I told them my child is sick, we sleep together and nurse all night, I'll need a bed for us.They told me that babies belong in a crib and that they wouldn't give us a bed. I had to nurse Taylor and co-sleep with her in a chair in the room ALL NIGHT . This was very difficult. They came in at 4 in the morning angry with me and asked me to sign a waiver stating I knew that I was defying the hospital rules by "not doing the best thing for my child and putting her in the crib". Don't you think that the best place for a sick child is snuggled up to her mommy? Especially a dehydrated baby who will nurse all night. Anyhow thanks for listening I guess this was to just get it off my chest and broken heart.

Default Re: Back from the hospital

you did the right thing....i went thru the same and when that nurse tried to tell me what was best for my baby mind u after her nagging i told her i was the mommy...she was speechless

mama, PM'd you

Glad to hear that Taylor is on the mend.

Sorry about your experience at the hospital.

Poor baby and poor mama! I'm imagining how I would feel in your shoes, and my heart's just started to crack.

Hope you guys get back on your feet soon!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

I would have done the same thing, if you are used to co-sleeping, then why would you put your lo in a crib. Mine would cry all night if i put her in her own bed...and I like it that way. My lo nurses all night as well. Good job on standing your grounds. We would have slept with me holding her all night long. I am glad your lo feels better

Thanks for your support guys, I really needed it. Well we are home and she is doing much better. Thanks Again! BTW, We co-slept all day in our big comfy bed,

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor'smom View Post
    Thanks for your support guys, I really needed it. Well we are home and she is doing much better. Thanks Again! BTW, We co-slept all day in our big comfy bed,
    Bet your own bed felt goooood!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Was it one of those metal hospital cribs? You can get in there with your baby if you need to.

Yes it was. I asked the nurse if I could and she said NO. If there is ever a next time (hopefully not) I will get in it. They are so big, I could have totally fit. I also wanted to leave and they wouldn't let us. Thanks for the advice. Right now I'm looking at her snoozing away in our comfy bed.