Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: headed to work

Question headed to work

hi i am new.
    i am headed back to work in one week. with tessa (now 2 yrs) i was able to pump for about two months before it stopped (tried allthings--oatmeal, tea, smelling her shirt, relaxation...) and ended up needing to supplement while she was at daycare. i so want to avoid this with grayson (now 12 weeks). do any of the working mommies (or anyone) have advice about how to ward this off? i will have two to three breaks during the day to pump--last time i ended up taking up to an hour each time only to get one oz????
    thanks in advance
    amy

Default Re: headed to work

What kind of pump are you using? Maybe you can rent a good hospital grade pump and see if it helps. Other than that my number one advice to pumping moms is to relax and not think about oz's, let-downs, milk and pump while pumping since stress makes things worse.

Default Re: headed to work

thanks
    i am using the medella double electric pump--it is even more industrial strength than the double pump from last time. i know you are so right about trying to relax--i was so frenzied about supply and making it to at least one year with tessa. i am hoping that i can be a little more contained this time around...