Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hospital Overstepping It's Bounds....(vent)

Default Re: Hospital Overstepping It's Bounds....(vent)

Quote Originally Posted by noodlenerd View Post
    It is St. Luke's Hospital in Allentown.
    DH is at St. Luke's all the time for his work (selling and maintaining service agreements with the docs).
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

Quote Originally Posted by Haley's Mama View Post
    DH is at St. Luke's all the time for his work (selling and maintaining service agreements with the docs).
    Not surprised!

(Sorry only skimmed all the responses)
    A silver lining here: how awesome are those assertive FOBs!!!??? Nice job, daddies.
    OMG I would have ripped the person who gave my LO formula a new one for that little trick!! Are you freakin' kidding me!!??
    It's clear that it all depends on the hospital in which one gives birth. Both hospitals I gave birth in were excellent as far as BF support (one actually designated as a Baby Friendly Hospital). It's no mistake that a strong rooming-in policy is required of BFHs. The hospital in which DD was born had a very small nursery that was almost always empty. My L&D nurse was so wonderful, really following my birth plan and everything. The hospital could have been a bit more supportive of natural birth (my biggest issue was that no water birth was available), but overall they were not too bad for a hospital.
    I would totally have a home birth if I didn't live a half hour from the nearest hospital. Too risky IMO.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on