Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr. has given up hope on me!(long)

Default Re: Dr. has given up hope on me!(long)

I have to say that I think you are doing a great job. It sounds like things are a little rough at the moment, but it sounds like you are really working hard to get things on track. Don't let it get you discouraged. It may take time, but it sounds like things are already improving. Congratulations on your brand new little one &
    Steff, proud mom to:
    Ian (6) born naturally
    breastfed from 7/3/06 to 6/16/08
    &
    Erin (4) born naturally (with Hypnobirthing)
    breastfed from 5/18/08 to around 5/18/10
    &
    Seamus (3), my allergy baby, born naturally (with slacker Hypnobirthing) breastfed from 12/28/09 to 8/20/11
    &
    Connor (1) breastfed from 12/28/11 to current

Ian's age ticker Erin's age ticker Seamus' age ticker
    Connor's age ticker

Default Re: Dr. has given up hope on me!(long)

I haven't had a chance to read everyone's replies yet, but I just wanted to say to do what works for you. We were given a nipple shield in the hospital and still use it today (my lo is 7.5 months). This is what works for us. I know some were able to wean from the shield successfully. Also, my lo had jaundice, so we supplemented the first few weeks. I would BF, then while I pumped my DH would give lo pumped milk, then we would "top her off" with formula. By the end of the second or third week she was full after the bottle of bm, and by four weeks she did not even want the EBM (she just nursed). If your lo nurses for 40 minutes, then seems satisfied then that may be what works for you!