Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what is theething like?

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default what is theething like?

My 4 month old is crazy. Not sleeping, not eating, crying I have no idea what's wrong. What is teething like? Could this be theething?

Default Re: what is theething like?

Yup check out this from kellymom, it was really helpful for me .

Thanks that was helpful. Maybe it is teething.

just keep an eye, is she pulling/tugging at an ear? (this could also be a sign of teething), but most likely is a sign of and ear infection. Is she doing anything else that might indicate pain?

she pulls her right ear but only when she's tired, I think. Should I take her to the doctor?

I would have the ear checked first, at least you can rule it out. We just spent a month getting one of ours to sleep well at night again, and I think teeth are coming through this time. The two times before when she had trouble were ear infections though.

Just remember that antibiotics are being used less and less for ear infections. For peace of mind, it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by surfinrn&mom2mason View Post
    Just remember that antibiotics are being used less and less for ear infections. For peace of mind, it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.
    Ooohhhh....is there an alternative to using Antibiotics to get rid of an ear infection? Evan had 1 ear infection and I'm worried he might have another one (same thing...might be teething, but could be ear infection), but I don't want him to have loads of antibiotics and he's already been on them 2x (once for the ear and once for a staph infection )
    Mama to Evan Born February 1st 2007 Breastfeeding for a year...thinking of weaning
    Wife to my Best Friend KR

Mason has not had any ear infections but Dr. Sears has really good info on EAR INFECTIONS & Dr.Jay has some alternatives.

I personally used to take warm olive oil on a cotton ball and place it in my ear.