Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help!!!

Smile Help!!!

I have a couple questions regarding breastfeeding and formula feeding and solids. My dd is four months and she ha beem breast and formula feed since three months. She just recently started eating solids. Only fruit and cereal. She is starting not to want to bottle feed which is ok with me except, I am not sure i have enough milk. I here her swallow every time she is at the breast so I now she is getting milk but if she completely decides to stop bottle feeding then I am not sure tht I will have enough milk for her to eat all day. Today she breastfed all day with no formula. Although she, she did eat cereal this morning and applesauce this evening. Any advice on what I should do? I know she is getting enough food because she has gained weight but I am still unsure about what I can do to increase my milk supply with out having to use a breast pump.

Please any advise or just friendly words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: Help!!!

Since milk supply really is about supply and demand, the more you nurse your baby, the more your milk production will go up. As long as you are still lactating at all, chances are excellent that you can nurse back up to a full milk supply in no time! Let us know how it goes!

A breast pump is not going to be as effective as good ole nursing for building your milk supply back to where it was. You can do it! Just nurse, nurse, nurse. You may find it easier to nurse more often when you offer the breast before any solid foods.

Default Re: Help!!!

ok that will be what i try first then, although last night when i was nursing, i did notice (hear) her taking big gulps of milk which she had not been doing since offering formula ans solids. so i think is is making my milk bulid already. but i will keep you posted thanks for the advice.