Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: gas & poop

Question gas & poop

Okay, DS grunts & sometimes cries when he is pooping, is this normal for a bf baby or something to worry about? Also he is very gassy, I am pretty good about staying away from gassy foods/veggies, so is he just a gassy baby or should I do elimination diet (dairy & whatnot, I did a few days w/out it a couple weeks ago and noticed no change, should I have done it longer)? Thanks
    Melanie
    Proud Army Wife to James
    Loving Mommy to DS Gavin: March 16, 2006 and DSS Cody: Feb 13, 1998
    Banners/Photos/HC

Default Re: gas & poop

It's pretty normal for a newborn to fuss and appear to be really straining when they're having a bowel movement. Some babies are just really gassy too. You steering clear of gassy foods/veggies won't prevent him from being gassy or cause him to be gassy though. Foods that make you gassy don't usually make a baby gassy because of the way milk is made makes it impossible -- check this out: My baby is gassy. Is this caused by something in my diet? (not a LLL resource)

If you tried eliminating dairy, you should've eliminated it for at least 3 weeks before coming to any conclusions. And when you eliminate dairy, you have to be sure that you are eliminating all forms of dairy, including the hidden ones.

HTH!

Default Re: gas & poop

oh wow okay yes that helped a lot! lol I believe that you posted something to someone else about hidden forms of dairy so I'll check it out thanks
    Melanie
    Proud Army Wife to James
    Loving Mommy to DS Gavin: March 16, 2006 and DSS Cody: Feb 13, 1998
    Banners/Photos/HC