I have this persistent little problem that just won't go away. It started out as a rather painful pimple a couple months ago. It was just a little milk pimple on my nipple that went away after some hot compresses and continued nursing and pumping (I pump while I'm away at work). It came back a couple weeks later, now it's back for about the 6th time.
Last time, it was more like a blister than a pimple, keeps getting a little bigger each time. Last time, I was shocked to look down while pumping to a bottle full of bloody milk which, of course, I tossed. It only bled through a couple of pumpings, then started to improve. The bleb kind of opened up and the "blister" part of the skin peeled away . . . not painful once the bleb was gone, even when it was bleeding.
Some more info on me:
- DD is 5 months old
- I have an oversupply, which I pump off and donate - 5-8 oz/day
- I think the problem started when I began using the LilyPadz nursing pads. I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I stopped using them.
- I switched to looser fitting bras
- I stopped wearing a bra at night
- I don't think it's a yeast issue, thought I do have some pain in the nipple area between feedings when the bleb is present
I seem to be able to get it to go away when I get one, but how can I keep it gone? It's not much fun.