Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hi I'm new here!

Default Hi I'm new here!

Hello all. I've been pumping at work since the beginning of June now. I'm finally getting used to it.

Today I go into the "private" office I was given permission to use by HR and there was another employee there using the phone (I guess on her break?). Her cubicle is just outside this office, I know because I see her when I go in and out to pump. But this is the first time I have seen her in there when I needed to pump. Geesh that was annoying. Can't she go somewhere else to use the phone? It's obvious what I need the room for because I leave the pump on the desk connected in there so I don't have keep dissambling it all day long (I pump 3 times a day, and then I pack it up after the last pumping session to take it home).

Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest! I'm goin gto check in a little bit to see if she's out yet.

Default Re: Hi I'm new here!

That is frustrating. See if you can hang a sign on the door, that says private in use, and just keep the door shut. I used to hate it when I would be pumping and someone would knock on the door to ask me a question, knowing darn well what I was doing in there. One time I was in a room that did not lock, and I had a note on the door, the fed/ex guy didn't see it and walked right in, hahahaha, I laughed so hard I nearly spilled everything, he didn't return to that route for a very long time!!!

Default Re: Hi I'm new here!

Aww man I would have been mortified! So awesome that you found it hilarious! I'm so shy I would have crawled under the desk. Fortunately this office has a lock and I haven't forgotten to lock it yet. I just dont' like that it's not as "private" as I thought and someone was in there using the phone for her own personal reasons.

I thought about bringing it to HRs attention, but then figured it's not worth it. I'm not interested in getting anyone in trouble, I just want to be more comfortable with the pumping thing. This is the first time it happened anyway.