Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Strike :(

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Default Nursing Strike :(

I just posted this under hard times I'm not sure what to lable it.

Is this teething or smothing else.
    My 4 month old is VERY FUSSY and she never has been before. She refuses to nurse in any position until she is deathly hungry (7 hours). She will kick me when I try to nurse, push away and scream. She doesn't want to play that much and she wants me to hold her ALL THE TIME. She won't sleep and when she does it with a ton of nightwakings??? She usually goes right to sleep between 5-6:30 and tonite she screamed until 8 pm. Whats going on??? Please help me. Should I take her to the Doctor tommorow? BTW, she never took a paci until tonite I put ine in that I've tried 1000 times before and she took it she will also chew on her shirt and everything else besides my nipple I'm very sad and cried with her most of the day.

Default Re: Nursing Strike :(

Hi, I just bumped up an oldddd thead that has just SO much information about strikes and possible reasons and solutions. Go here to get there quick!

It does sound like it could be teething some things that have worked for me have been momsicles (freeze BM in icecube tray, wrap it in cheese cloth and enjoy), and homeopathic teething tablets-they have actually helped Mason get to sleep on some really tough days. Mama hope things get better.

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Thank you for the advice. I do Mommy cicles too. She loves them . The strike is over...Amen! It lasted 5 days but she would eat at night in her sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor'smom View Post
    The strike is over...Amen! It lasted 5 days but she would eat at night in her sleep.
    YAY! Glad that is better

Did you get a chance to read that old post for future info?