Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Hard Times

TM is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Exclamation Nursing strike- HELP

]Is this teething or smothing else.
    My 4 month old is VERY FUSSY and she never has been before. She refuses to nurse in any position until she is deathly hungry (7 hours). She will kick me when I try to nurse, push away and scream. She doesn't want to play that much and she wants me to hold her ALL THE TIME. She won't sleep and when she does it with a ton of nightwakings??? She usually goes right to sleep between 5-6:30 and tonite she screamed until 8 pm. Whats going on??? Please help me. Should I take her to the Doctor tommorow? BTW, she never took a paci until tonite I put ine in that I've tried 1000 times before and she took it she will also chew on her shirt and everything else besides my nipple I'm very sad and cried with her most of the day.
    Last edited by TM; June 26th, 2007 at 09:44 PM.

Default Re: Hard Times

Could be teething. Have you tried giving tylenol and teething tablets? We usually have to do both just to make a dent in the pain. I'd try that first. If it doesn't help, I'd talk to the Dr. Sometimes reflux will make them not want to nurse. Hope you find something that works for you!

i second the tylenol and teething tablets. hope she feels better
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Default Re: Nursing strike- HELP

It could be teething, but it also sounds like it could be an ear infection. Yes, even EBF babies get them (DS had one at four months, though thankfully that was the only one)! His symptoms were pretty much identical to what you're describing, particularly not wanting to nurse (the pressure from sucking hurts their ears) and the frequent nightwakings. Personally, I think there's no reason NOT to call your pedi - you'll be reassured if it is just teething, and you can get help if it's an ear infection.
    Erin - Hayden James is my beautiful boy - we've been nursing happily for two years, with no end in sight!

Change the language, change the reality.

Try the Hylands teething pills..they are natural and fabulous. Also gripe water sold on drugstore.com is good for teething.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com

I find my lo nurses better when we're lying down...give it a try but take her to the doc just in case it's an ear infection.
    Mom to Colin Robert - Born on January 28, 2007

Check out my website:
    www.nycbreastfeeding.com