Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colic?? sorry its long!

Default Re: Colic?? sorry its long!

My dd had the same problems! She was crying all of the time, and if se was't crying she was trying to eat, and arching her back. We chopped it up to colic (which by the way is just a baby crying for longer than 3 hours at a time). Anyways, then she started having blood in her poop, and very stinky green poop aswell. Long story shot she is allergic to milk, eggs and soy. Im no Dr. but if i were you i would cut out my dairy intake and just see what happens, it can take up to 4 weeks for the dairy protein to get out of your system. And its not lactose that babys are allergict to its the milk protien. Just try and see what happens, when i did i made a huge diffrence within a week!!!

my son was the same... i couldnt put him down or off the breast for longer than 20 minutes it seemed..But i stopped dairy ( i still have a bit, like pizza with cheese on it.. Or a sandwhich with bread, and it only makes him a bit fussy..and mylicon gas drops seem to help that) after i stopped eating milk and ice cream and such, within 3 days he was happier. and in 2 weeks, an entirely different baby!

Hi ladies... I just have to say it... I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY THE BABY HAS COLIC! Colic just means that LO is crying a lot. You don't need a ped to tell you that your baby cries. Okay, done venting.

DD started seriously screaming with very drammatic back arching around 4 weeks. In our case it was mostly caused by my oversupply/OALD and her milk protein allergy. Baby reflux is another common cause. I wouldn't be satisfied with a diagnosis of 'colic'. I would try to figure out if there could be something causing the colic. The link that Jessica put up earlier in the thread (DrSears) is really worth checking out.

I had the same problem. My baby is 6 weeks old now, and she is doing much better. (She still has colic, but only once in a while and shorter periods of time) I cut out alot of things from my diet, that I felt was making her worse. Cut milk and cheese, chocolate, beans, citrus..and most juices. I started to add things back in to see if it would flare up again, and when it did I would just eliminate it again. I also started to massage her little belly several times a day when she wasn't in pain. (I use warm olive oil which was what my mom, grandma and great grandma all used for us when we had it) She really loves it, and sticks out her belly when I'm doing it. However, doesn't work as well when she is in pain. Also made sure she had tummy time (supervised of course!) as many times as I could.

I'm not sure if any of these things can help you, however, I do see a significant improvement in my little one, and I just hate seeing her suffer through those colic pains.