Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Does anyone use the Medela brand bags for storing?

Default Does anyone use the Medela brand bags for storing?

I got some with my pump & bought some awhile ago & just brought them out over the weekend. I see how you can use them vs. collection bottles but are they ok to store in freezer? The bags don't look very strong & I would be worried about tears. Plus, they are sealed with twist ties so they have to be upright & I try to store flat! If anyone has used them & has an opinion let me know!

Thanks

Default Re: Does anyone use the Medela brand bags for storing?

I love the Lansinoh bags. They have double zip lock so you know its sealed and can lay them flat in the freezer. Also the part that you write on is seperate for the bag itself so there is no risk of putting a hole in the bag. Look at Target, for the bags and for a freezer seperater for the milk it holds them upright and has a lid. I believe it is by first years and is about $10.

Thumbs up Re: Does anyone use the Medela brand bags for storing?

I love the lansinoh brand, i find them at kmart for around $6. They were teh best for freezing milk, and if i can't get those i will buy the gerber brand, but i don't like to freeze those because they have busted on me before.

I have been using Medala brand bags for freezing breastmilk ever since I am back at work full-time. They are fine for freezing. I tried to pour milk by tearing from the small hole but it didn't work well at all. It is very difficult to control the flow and my milk went all over the places. I open the thawed milk by untwisting the tie and pour it into a bottle. I use Advent bottles. I store my milk bags upright in a small container and eventually transfer them to a big ziplock.

no i haven't used them. i suggest the lansinoh bags, they are amazing!
    ~~ Valarie ~~
    wife to matt
    mommy to
    ricky 2.9.03, christian 6.28.05, baby olive due JAN 2008

I also highly recommend the Lansinoh bags. They are simply the best ones on the market for freezing. I have never one leak or break. I have had several Gerber bags break. Makes you want to cry.

they have worked just fine for me, i freeze them. also, if you roll the twist tie enough, you do not have to worry about them leaking, i tote mine all over the place, and have never had them leak. just follow the directions on closing them. hope that helps.

Lansinoh...the only bag I have used that hasn't leaked on me!!! I have driven 20+ miles to get them when I had Gerber and others within 5 miles of my home. They are the best!