Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do you find it creepy when they talk about it?

Default Re: Do you find it creepy when they talk about it?

This is my favorite threat ever! My little one, Bianca is 20 months and I love that she clearly asks to nurse. The intimate relationship we share is the best thing about being a mother and I know that nursing has a lot to do with it. I am not at all concerned about the central role of my breasts in our relationship. However, I have to admit that her yelling "horray, boob's here" when I arrive at the resturant where she has been waiting with my family, did make me blush! We've agreed to use sign language in these situations and she signs "sweet milk please" or "mommy's milk now" when she wants some!

I have a different kind of story to add: A few months ago my husband broke his shoulder and would wimper in his sleep from the pain. Whenever this would happen I would wake up with full and leaky breasts (which never happens anymore unless Bianca is really upset or I am aways from her for more then 8 hours). I have never felt the sexual connection to my daughter that I feel with my husband when he loves my breasts, but they do respond in a nurturing capacity for him!

My 22 month old daughter very clearly asks to nurse. He usual questions is, "More nurse pease (please)?"

Lately when we are nursing she will pop off and say, "Other side?" or "Both sides?" or "One more!" Frankly, it cracks me up and I love that she can communicate what she wants.

I don't know, we don't have an issue with it in this house. The two breast functions are very clear and separate. I struggled with it at first but now it never even crosses my mind.

Heck hubby teases Anna all the time asking her if she wants to nurse with daddy. She scrunches her little face up in a very reproachful manner and says, "No dada! No dada pickle (nipple)!" Honestly, I think he is a wee bit envious of all the time Anna and I spend together and how close we are.

22 months and no end in site and we just love it.
    Last edited by Mommyto3; February 16th, 2008 at 02:42 PM.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto3 View Post

Heck hubby teases Anna all the time asking her if she wants to nurse with daddy. She scrunches her little face up a very reproachful manner and says, "No dada! No dada pickle (nipple)!" Honestly, I think he is a wee bit envious of all the time Anna and I spend together and how close we are.

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Quote Originally Posted by mamaliz View Post
    I have a different kind of story to add: A few months ago my husband broke his shoulder and would wimper in his sleep from the pain. Whenever this would happen I would wake up with full and leaky breasts (which never happens anymore unless Bianca is really upset or I am aways from her for more then 8 hours). I have never felt the sexual connection to my daughter that I feel with my husband when he loves my breasts, but they do respond in a nurturing capacity for him!
    This is so interesting! It's reminding me that oxytocin is the hormone that controls both orgasm and milk-ejection (letdown), and which has also been proven to increase social, compassionate, or mothering behavior in lab rats. So perhaps oxytocin was the pathway through which your compassionate care for your husband when he was in pain triggered milk letdown (the leaky breasts) during your sleep.

Your story is another way of showing how love is love is love -- and perhaps we can all chill out a bit about the labels and categories (romantic, sexual, maternal, platonic, etc. etc.)

Okay, since this thread was here, it made me think of this. My DD vocally asked to nurse for the first time the other day. She likes to pull up my shirt and play with my bellybutton all the time (while we are at home of course!) so the other day when she kept lifting my shirt, I thought that was what she wanted and just kept saying "yes, bellybutton" and would put my shirt down. Well, finally she had enough and yells (our "codeword") "nay, nay, nay, nay, NAY!" at the top of her lungs. She got her point across. Very cute!