Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Should Day time & Night time nursing be different?

Default Should Day time & Night time nursing be different?

Do you keep the same routine for day & night?

Default Re: Should Day time & Night time nursing be different?

What do you mean??- Do you mean time between nursing sessions?

I nurse aprox every 3 hours during the day, -often more and during the night i am trying to convince my 6 month old twins that they wont waste away if they go 4 hours in between feedings. -they are not easy to convince!

We go about it the same way day and night.

Not sure what you mean by different, all nursings were always the same for us....Our "routine" was I nursed on demand, day and night for 16 1/2 mos. Then she weaned b/c I was out of milk due to new pregnancy.
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Let me try to explain better:

It seems like DS will nurse just fine at night sessions, but during the day he will stop sucking after let down & then bite while he is comfort nursing. I will take him off, relatch & he just goes right back to biting. When I can't take the biting, I pull him off & he gets really mad. At night he will pacify for a long time w/o biting, so why is it different during the day? Also, I nurse him by side at night & in cross cradle by day. I don't want to have to lie in bed each time he's hungry!

Thanks for the advice!

I understand what you're saying now, but not why he would do that. Maybe you could try another upright position during the day and see how that works. It sounds like he prefers the night time position....maybe someone else will have some better answers...
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.