Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thrush Question

Unhappy Thrush Question

I'm gonna have myself looked at today to see if I have thrush. I don't think so - I mean, if I had it, I'd expect my daughter to, as well, and I don't see signs of thrush in her -- no white spots in her mouth or gums or tongue or anything like that.

Anyway, I've been exclusively pumping and slowly but surely built myself up a small freezer stash of about 80ish oz. If it turns out I have thrush, I have to dump that, right? If that's the case, would it hurt for me to thaw it and use that to feed her while we're being treated?

I just don't know that I can build up another supply, and the idea of it makes we want to sob. Because I'm pretty sure that once she starts eating more than the 3 - 3 1/2 oz I give her now that I won't be able to keep up. I only pump about 4 - 5 oz a session.

Default Re: Thrush Question

I went through the same situation. My DD didn't show any of the typical thrush signs- just a little white on the very back of her tongue, but she did have a diaper rash. I had quite a stash of milk in the freezer too, and it killed me to have to dump it. But now that we're over the thrush, I've started over with pumping and am doing the best I can to get that stash built up again.
    Good luck to you!