Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Eczema in month old

Default Eczema in month old

My LO has developed a severe rash that looks like red pimples/red skin on the sides of his neck, in his scalp, and a few little bumps on his arm. Is it possible for a month old baby to get eczema or is he too young?
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: Eczema in month old

My one month old has this too. Looks a little like acne? My three year old daughter had it at that time as well and it went away. I heard it hassomething to do with pores developing or something. But if you leave it alone, don't pick at it or anything and just keep things clean as usual, it goes away, at least it did for my little girl.

When my DS was just a few weeks old, he had eczema on his forehead! It was just a big, rough patch of eczema. We soon discovered that it was from us kissing him on his forehead. We cleared it up with this stuff called "Baby Butter".

He still gets it sometimes when we've kissed him on the forehead. It was hard at times because that's where the grandmothers wanted to kiss him. I had to keep reminding them not to do it! I'm still guilty of it at times, but I keep the Baby Butter handy.

You might try to figure out what's causing the eczema. It could be detergent, lotion, or any number of things.
    Last edited by jamber; June 25th, 2007 at 09:32 AM.

I'm taking him to the Dr. on Friday. Right now I'm in the process of trying to figure out what's causing it. Actually I'm pretty disappointed if he has the Eczema which lasts a lifetime because supposedly BF babies have a much lower chance of getting it than formula babies.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by MommyLuvsU View Post
    Actually I'm pretty disappointed if he has the Eczema which lasts a lifetime because supposedly BF babies have a much lower chance of getting it than formula babies.
    If it is in fact eczema, it doesn't always last a lifetime. I had it as a baby, mostly in the creases of my arms and legs. When I got older (a teen) I used to get it on my neck and arms and then it disappeared. My daughter (breastfed) also had it when she was little and seems to be growing out of it as well.