Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I am trying my best....

Default I am trying my best....

I have been exclusively pumping for 13wks now. My baby was 7wks prem. Firstly, I have been waking up once to pump at 2am. I dropped this and now pump at 9pm then 6.30am due to feeling really tired at night. My little one is so active during the day that I cant put her down for 10 minutes and this makes pumping so hard. I have now cut down on my pumping times from 6 times a day to 3 times i.e 6.30am, 12.30pm and 9.pm. Thats the best I can do. I hope my milk supply wont decrease drastically as this would be very upsetting. I will try my best to stick to this amount. I tend to get alot of milk therefore I express for an hr maximum. Anyone in the same situation?

Default Re: I am trying my best....

I'm not in this situation, but I have some suggestions for creative ideas to help you get in more pumping time. Interested?

Yes please.I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. B.

don't be afraid to call your local leader too. she can help over the phone beter then we can on-line
    good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by home executive View Post
    I'm not in this situation, but I have some suggestions for creative ideas to help you get in more pumping time. Interested?
    I'm interested, too! I'm not an exclusive pumper, but I'm trying to build a stash. Good luck, belly-ice!
    for 1-1/2 years...and still going!

Hi! I'm also in the same boat. I EP and my LO is 11 weeks, very alert, and definitely isn't satisfied unless he's being held all the time! I was in your position, but decided I wasn't going to let this be the end of breastmilk for him! My LO is the happiest right after he eats, so I double pump for 15 minutes right after his bottle. Yes, by the end he is usually pretty whiny, but I figure that I talk to him and sing to him while I pump, so he knows Mommy is there even though I'm not holding him. Yes, this is also annoying. I never have a set time schedule (just a general idea of when I'll probably pump) for anything because he eats when he's hungry, so he sets the schedule for the day. Doing this, though, allowed me to go from 2 pumpings a day to 6! What times of the day is your little one the happiest and most calm?

Someone also mentioned to me that a hands free setup might work. I'm larger chested and never felt comfortable with the idea, but it may work for you! I know medela makes a bra and kit for this. Also, here's a link to a do it yourself one:

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/h...e-pumping.html

As for supply, that's something you'll just have to experiment with. I happen to be dealing with extremely low supply issues, so I'm probably not a good example. Even with 6 pumpings I typically only get 10-15 ounces a day so I supplement with formula. Btw, I also don't pump at night, the sleep deprivation was making me a crazy woman!!! I just pump a LOT of milk first thing in the morning!