Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Falls Asleep while Nursing, No Bottle

Default Falls Asleep while Nursing, No Bottle

I will be going back to work in a month and my baby doesn't take a bottle and rarely takes bm from sippy cup. In order for her to fall asleep she needs to nurse. How can I get her to nap/sleep without nursing when I go back to work or when I eventually wean her? She's 8 months and I plan on nursing her till she's a year, but she loves to nurse.

Default Re: Falls Asleep while Nursing, No Bottle

who will be with her when it's time for her to sleep when your gone? I ask because I was going to suggest you have that person start putting her down instead of you for naps now. Can you work that in to the routine? If not then try nursing her and then putting her down the way the DC provider will. KWIM?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I had the same problem. However, my LO adapted really well in my absense. He just got so tired he fell asleep and now he has no problem. I went back to work when he was about 7 months. The first few days may be rough, and like the pp, if you can get the future caregiver to start her to sleep before that day, it would probably be a good idea. Good luck!

I agree with the others and wanted to suggest that if you can't have your DC provider practice naptime, then try at least to practice the bottle once a day and have your husband or someone else give it and don't be around. Try also not to give the bottle when your baby is frantic about eating b/c it will be harder. I think your baby will adjust, you need to just give it sometime.

megan

Thank You for your suggestions. I will try them and keep you posted. I really need to give the bottle another try /sippy cup and be consistent. It's just hard. It'd be easier staying home, wishful thinking.