Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: postpartum anxiety

Post Re: postpartum anxiety

Hi There,

It's been a while since I checked the forum and a lot happened since then. Well, things have gotten worse. I tried to co-op without medication, but I could not anymore. I went on Zoloft, and let me tell you, I feel a 100% better, although I have to admit, the first few days were very rough, because my body had to adjust to the medication and I was suffering from the side effects. But now, because I feel better my DD is much happier, too. I guess, before she picked up on my anxiety and that made her feel crankier, too. My doctor said that by spring he would take me off of it, which would be great. We'll see, I am optimistic.

Talk to you later...........Andi

Default Re: postpartum anxiety

Hey there Andi, I am so glad that you found what is best for you. That is THE most important thing.

I'll be thinking about you!

Carrie

Hi, Gabby, and welcome to the forum! I suffer from anxiety and panic disorder which has gone absolutely haywire since I got pregnant (baby is now 3+ months old). There ARE things you can take while breastfeeding, though I chose not to. I just got into counseling, it can help a great deal if you know how to utilize your expereince. Meditation, mindful living (awareness in whatever it is you are doing at the exact moment), and deep breathing can all be beneficial. Good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Hi there Carrie,

Thanks a million for your warm wishes. You know, it means a lot to me. It is so interesting, because anybody I talk to I tell them that I suffer from ppa/ppd and almost all of them say that they were treated too, when they had their little one. It is very-very common, but a lot of people are ashamed to tell, but I think the more people you tell, the more support you will get, and the "weight" on your shoulders will get lighter.

If we don't talk, have a very merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Andi