Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: milk in freezer question

Default milk in freezer question

the milk in my freezer doesn't seem to taste so great, I don't know whether from excessive lipase or just bc it's been in the freezer. if it is ex. lipase, is it still safe for the baby? the reason i am asking is that lo won't really drink it, but if I mix it with her cereal she will eat it. But I don't want to do it if it's not good for her!! I guess that is kind of bad of me to make her take something that doesn't taste great by covering the taste with something else, but she seemed to think it was ok. Has anyone else done this? I know that if it tastes weird just bc it's been in the freezer, it should probably be ok.

Default Re: milk in freezer question

sigh...nm...I just made some oatmeal for her and it tasted awful....i had made some earlier and it had tasted alright, but that milk hadn't been in the freezer as long...I guess I'll just have to figure out which ones need to be thrown out

I've noticed that sometimes my son will balk at frozen milk and other times he won't. I haven't noticed any particular patern to it. I think that as long as it was frozen within the time allotted and stayed frozen, then it should be ok.

as long as it isnt sour, its fine. Some babies are just picky and prefer fresh. there is a slight diff in taste with frozen milk, and i think that sometimes the things you eat might make the milk more 'funkier' and they taste it maybe? Also i think sometimes i dont have it warm enough or something...He hates it eve a lil bit cold. sometime use a candy thermometer or any therm, and test the temp of your fresh milk, and try to get your thawed frozen milk at that same temp-- its helped me.. hes more willing to take it