Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: how much poop?

Default how much poop?

i am aware that a good amount of output is 5 or more wet diapers and 2 or more dirty diapers. My DS has a good amount of wet diapers. he also has a fair amount of dirty diapers (more than 3/day at times). but how much poop am i to expect? sometimes he poops a little , like a just a few grainy seeds on diaper, sometimes a lot. what "size" or amount of poop should i expect?

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Default Re: how much poop?

All depends on the age - I know that up until about 5 weeks - my DS had a smear in his diaper everytime I changed him - and he'd have 2-3 decent sized dirties a day. At 6 weeks - ds started having more sporatic poos - but when he did they were HUGE (yesterdays was all over his bouncy chair - his ENTIRE diaper and ruined a really cute onsie =p)

I've noticed that my ds's poops have slowed to one a day this week-- he is five weeks. They are very large though.

When she was a baby, my dd didn't poop consistantly at all. She sometimes went a few days without a poop. So I guess it depends on the age and the child.

my son is 3 wks. judging from your experiences, i guess ds is getting the right amount of milk he's suppose to have. thanks.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007