The short version of the story is this: My husband suffers from clinical depression. Most of the time he is okay, but then when he has his episodes, he either quites/loses/just stops going to work. We only have one car and after this last episode I made a firm decision that I need to be the one to work. I don't want to. I'd rather be the SAHM and take care of our pre-schooler and soon to be infant, but it doesn't seem realistic after the last 2 episodes. He insists that its the job that sets off his depression, but I really feel that the depression is keeping him from holding a job.
I send out a lot of resumes for clerical work and the only thing I got back was an offer from an attendant healthcare company that provides home care to handicapped people. I accepted it then my husband got a job interview. They told him they would call him back but its been 3-4 days already. I asked my husband how he planned on getting to work if I had the car. He said that he would need the car if he got this job since his job would be FT and more money and benifits. That is true and I understand that he would have the better job and it would be in both our interests for him to work and me to stay home with Brodie and the baby but I'm so scared of him loosing his job again (we've been through 4 jobs in 8 years). I'm also scared that no one will hire me while i'm this pregnant except for this attendant postion. They know I'm pregnant and accept that I will be taking time off work when the baby is born. They also expect me to return after. I still want to breastfeed and give my baby the best start possible like I did with my 2 year old (he still nurses occationally)
So I accept the job and I fill out the paperwork tomorrow. My husband hasn't been offered a job yet. So what happens if next week he gets that job, do I tell my job that I no longer have a car? Part of my job is to drive my charge to work and take him grocery shopping. He is supposed to stay out of the sun and part of my reason for being hired was reliable transportation. Do I speak with my agency about my concerns or do I just wait to see what happens so that I don't worry them? I also feel bad about accepting the job b/c I am still looking for something more steady and where I will have my weekends free. they said that they didn't want to train me only to have to find someone else. I don't want to leave them hanging, but its the only job i've been offered, and I'll stay with it as long as I can. I plan on putting all I can into the job. I'm not just doing it to do it...I really do care about people in my care. *sigh* Can anyone else share experiences with me or give me some suggestions.