Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daytime Sleep- at a loss

Default Re: Daytime Sleep- at a loss

HomeExecutive hit the proverbial nail on the head. Don't worry about where your LO is sleeping, just that he gets his sleep. In a few months you can start trying to get him to self soothe or whatever method you want to look into, but for now the most important thing is that you have a well rested, well fed and well cuddled baby all while you don't go crazy yourself.

I highly recommend just letting your LO sleep in a sling or swing. My DD slept in those two places, my bed (and her car seat, though that's not recommended...) for a few months. If your LO is well rested when you are ready to try for solo sleeping again, you will be working with a much more agreeable baby.

FWIW, it's perfectly fine to nurse your little one to sleep; I still do at 14 months and you'll find a lot of others doing the same around here

Default Re: Daytime Sleep- at a loss

Quote Originally Posted by Evin View Post
    FWIW, it's perfectly fine to nurse your little one to sleep; I still do at 14 months and you'll find a lot of others doing the same around here

Yup, Em will be 2 in September and we nurse to sleep. She's fine when I am not home, will go to sleep at naptime for the babysitter and even at night for my husband if need be.

Babies that sleep are happy babies.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...