Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bella's Strike-Please Help!

Smile Re: Bella's Strike-Please Help!

Rebecca
    I don't know how I missed your reply last week...as you predicted, she has gone back to nursing. I did check all of the nipples and replaced some to get the slowest flow possible. She is still biting me on occassion, but at least she is latching and nursing like she used to!!! She seems to bite when she's not really hungry. You're also right about my life being busy. We're in the middle of softball and ballet recital for my daughter and baseball for my son...then there's Annabell pulling up on everything and tagging along to every event! CRAZY!
    I plan to visit this forum on a regular basis. I just wish I had known about it in the beginning. So much of this I had to learn the hard way! Thank you so much for sharing your insights with me!

Do you think it would be better if she used a sippy cup instead of a bottle while she is with the sitter? I only have 3 more weeks of school and I can kiss the bottles goodbye for the summer!!!

Default Re: Bella's Strike-Please Help!

Does she use a sippy cup now? If so, why don't you ask the sitter to offer the sippy first and only the bottle if she gets really upset. Just be careful because some sippies are faster flowing than others and she may prefer that too if she can get quicker than from your breast.

Default Re: Bella's Strike-Please Help!

She drinks water and juice from one. I'll try that...do you happen to know which ones are slower? Thanks!