Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Going to work part time

Default Going to work part time

Next week I am going to go back to work part time...only 4 days a week for just 3 hours. It is at the YMCA so I can bring my LO with me...yeah...but I won't be able to bfeed him there bc I have to watch the other babies too. I have a little bit of an oversupply. He is eating about every two hours right now. So I was planning on bfeeding him right before I go to work, but I'm afraid he might not be able to make it until the 3 hour shift is over to eat again. So it seems like I am going to have to pump just incase and bring some milk to work.

The question is...when should I pump? What time of the day? I only get about 2 ounces at a time from each breast. I don't know how many ounces to pump either. He is about 2.5 months old. The thing that I'm worried about is that he might not be getting enough hindmilk if I only get 2 ounces at a time...sometimes less. However, during the night I only feed him off of one breast..the makes the other breast kind of full in the morning so I can sometimes get 4 ounces off of that one alone if I pump right when we wake up. Is that messing up my supply? I'm a little confused. I hope this makes sense.

Is there anyway to help him eat only every 3 hours? If so...maybe I can avoid pumping all together. I hate pumping it is such a hassle.

Default Re: Going to work part time

If he's hungry, I don't think there is a way to make him hold out. Especially since he will know that the holder of the milk is right across the room!

Could you hand express in the morning for your "just in case" bottle?

1 or 2 oz feed by bottle might work to just hold him off untill your shift is over.
    IF he never breastfeeds at the ymca, he will learn not to ask there.

I have worked PT at my YMCA in the kid room and I nursed Em there. Do you wear your LO? I had good luck with Em in the Moby when she was teeny, nursing away and I had two free hands to chase the kiddos.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Kelly ann thats a great idea.