Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Taking a Breast Pump on an Airplane

Default Taking a Breast Pump on an Airplane

I need some help...I work part time and mostly from home so I barely have to pump. This Thursday I have to fly to Boston for a quick day trip. I can't find anything on the TSA website about carrying on a breast pump. They have virtually every other medical device known to man listed but no breast pump. I did find that without my baby I cannot carry on breast milk. Does anyone have any experience with this? I suppose I can dump the breast milk but I’d hate to have my $$$ breast pump confiscated by an inexperienced TSA employee!

Default Re: Taking a Breast Pump on an Airplane

They'll be fine with your pump. You may have to open it up and show them, but they'll be fine with it.

This short article may also have some tips for you: http://www.lalecheleague.org/Release/employedobs.html
    Shannon
    LLL Leader

Protect your privacy online; don't use your full name. Click My Alias at the top left corner.

I'm horrible at html and encoding links, so I apologize in advance for all the long links!

Thank you!

I took mine with my to San Diego. At the security screening they asked me to pull out my phone and computer but the pump went through in its bag with no questions. I did have to pump once on the plane and while it was not fun it was possible. I pumped enough to relieve pressure until I could make it to my hotel.

Also, make sure you know how to hand express just in case something happens!
    Samantha: born 3 1/2 weeks early on Sept 2006 6lbs 4 oz 18 inches long with situs inversus totalis. Now a strong healthy little girl that wants to be a NICU doctor, loves her little sister and breastfeeds her dolls!
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 2,200 oz
    Alexandra: born 3 weeks early on July 2010 7lbs 8 oz 19.5 inches long.
    Milk donated with while nursing first LO: 1,200

For information on becoming a Breastmilk Donor http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk