Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: BM + Solids Total Volume

Default BM + Solids Total Volume

How much BM do you think that your 12 month+ babies are receiving, in ounces? And solids/purees, in cups (or fractions therefo) I'm curious, but wanted to try to keep it to a common unit for comparison purposes. My approximation is 7-8 BM feedings, 3 of which are pumped bottles x 5.5-6 oz, and guessing that each nursing session yields about 4 oz x 4-5 feedings equals approx. 29-34oz a day. And approximately 1/2 c of "solids".

Thanks in advance

Default Re: BM + Solids Total Volume

Hi MariElizabeth,

My ds was born 6/8/06 so ours are very close in age... however my guy doesn't drink much bm when I am at work and he reverse cycles. Today was a good day actually he had 7oz of bm while I was at work. Some days he has only 3-4 oz. (That's a total for the 10 hrs. I am away... not the amount for one bottle). I'm not sure what he's getting at night or how to estimate those feedings. He has about 7 other direct feedings of those from 5pm to 7 am.

Solids wise he maybe has 3/4 cup to 1 cup total.

He's in the 50th percentile for weight and 75th for height... so while it seems to me like he's not drinking much in the day he is staying on track with his height and weight.

Hope that helps.
    Caroline

Default Re: BM + Solids Total Volume

Hi MariElizabeth,
    Are you concerned about your baby's intake of breastmilk or solids or his/her growth?

Mary