Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: sptting up alot

Default sptting up alot

My LO keeping spitting up after every feeding and when I burp him. It has been going on for the last two days. He isn't keeping any food down. When I notice him spitting up I started to let him nurse in small amounts but frequently but he just keep spitting up and since it is a weekend can't get him in to the doctor.

Default Re: sptting up alot

he us 2 months

Does it seem like it's upsetting/hurting your LO when he spits up? If so, you might want to check with his dr. If he's not upset, it can't hurt to mention it to the pedi, but it's probably more of a "laundry problem." At least, that's what I've been told.

Have you eaten anything unusual that he could be allergic to? (My LO spits up frequently, but smaller amounts and less often if I'm careful about cranberry juice and dairy consumption.)

Also, keep in mind that it doesn't take much liquid to soak you or baby, so a lot of times it looks like more spitup than there actually is. Although I've had my times where LO really did spit up huge amounts, so I know it's possible. But, it's quite possible that your LO is getting at least some milk even if he's spitting a bunch of it back up.

I don't have any definite answers, but until you're able to talk to your pedi, you could try keeping LO's head above his backside while he nurses, and if possible, keep him upright for 20-30 minutes after nursing, so gravity helps keep everything down. And try to keep him from scrunching his legs up right after he eats, as this can put pressure on his belly and shoot the milk right back out.

HTH!
    I love my kids. I care for them accordingly. What more can I say?

I have found that my LO spits up a lot if I consume a lot of caffeine...just an idea!

How is his diaper output? Is he content after a feeding? If he seems satisfied and diapers are normal, I'd say it's probably more a 'laundry issue' than anything. But still, it never hurts to put in a call to the dr. hth
    ~Brandi~

Loving wife to K
    Proud stepmom to B, and proud mom to J and R-A
    and our newest addition C

Happily homeschooling
    Still and and

Ask me about Parkinson's Disease! Visit me at Life With Shaky!