Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

View Poll Results: Return to work PT or FT??

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • PT

8 44.44%
  • FT

10 55.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Return to work PT or FT??

Default Re: Return to work PT or FT??

I just want to thank everyone for their thoughts on this, it gave me more to think about. I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to start off FT see how it goes and if it's too much or if I feel I'm away from DS too long i'll cut back to PT. I want to give FT at least 2 months. I'm sure it will take a bit to get adjusted, but 2 months should be enough time to see how it works.
    Looking at my son and knowing that he won't understand why i'm leaving or why he's not with me is what makes going back to work so much harder. I hope he adjusts well and doesn't cry too often . I hope i don't cry too much either. I'm sure as time goes on we'll both get adjusted and we'll get by just fine.

Thanks again!
    Liz

Default Re: Return to work PT or FT??

Another thing to think about is how you could schedule your time to accomodate maximum waking hours. I was able to come back to work 36 hours and work 6 am to 2 pm 4 days/week and one half day 6 - 10. I nurse dd in the morning before I go to work and then she goes back to sleep until 8:30ish. This way she is up for a few hours with dad in the am, off to the sitter at 11ish and then takes a nap. I am there to pick up her up right after her nap. I am so glad that we figured out a way to have us both working FT as we really need to but dd is not with a sitter all day, either. Staggering our work schedules is hard on the two of us as we don't see as much of one anotehr as we'd like but it is worth it in the long run.

Just an idea. It's not like I was getting any sleep anyway, LOL. Might as well be at work at an ungodly hour!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...