Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: still so hard!

Default still so hard!

Hi ladies,
    I just need to share for a minute... DS is 3 months and we are still having so much trouble. Our feedings turn into nightmare screaming fits (on his part ) so frequently that it just feels like I must be doing something completely wrong. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow to see if gas could be the cause of it, I just don't know what to do. OALD was a problem for awhile, but it seems much better as far as I can tell. Tonight he would shriek any time he was in the position to feed, and then got so worked up that he cried his eyes out for an hour before finally falling asleep (still without having eaten, so he'll be up soon); his eyes are all red which breaks my heart. I hate seeing him cry!
    I think one of the main problems is that I don't know anyone else with a young baby, so I have nothing to compare his behavior too. I don't know if his issues are normal, or whether I should be concerned.
    I'm so glad this board is here so that I know that I'm not the only one going through all this. Thank you!

Default Re: still so hard!

I actually have the same problem for the last 3 days. My boy is 4 months old. Until now, breastfeeding was excellent. I had no problems at all. Now, out of nowhere, he is extremely fussy at the breast. Sometimes he won't eat at all. Other times, he will eat for a little bit and then start crying again. I do not know what is wrong. It can't be colics, he is too old for that . What is horrible is that I feel extremely bad that it is something that I did wrong - either ate or drank something that I shouldn't have or something else. What is interesting to me is the fact that he is 4 months old and is already experienced at breastfeeding. I do not know what it is. I am really, really hoping it is a phase and he will grow out of it. I really hope....
    Please share any thoughts if this has happened to you too...

Default Re: still so hard!

dr sears has alot of good info on his web site about fussy babies!