Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Used Pump?

Default Used Pump?

okay, I'm due in September and have a question.

Okay, I purchased a used Ameda Purely Yours pump today that appears to have barely been used.

Should I buy all new parts, or is it possible to disinfect parts of it? Money is a bit of an issue, and I'd rather not spend $50-$75 on parts if I don't need to.

If I were to disinfect it, whats the best way to do so?

If disinfecting isn't possible, where do you recommend to buy parts for this pump online?

Default Re: Used Pump?

This is a great pump. I have been using it for more than 9 months with no problems. It does make a strange beep while operating, but I've learned to tune it out. The pump is made by Hollister if you want to check out their products and learn more about the Ameda Purely Yours. http://www.hollister.com/us/ameda_redirect.htm

The only maintenance I've had to do with the pump is to replace the white valves ($3.00) at the base of the flange because the seal was not as tight as it once was.

A great site for all Ameda parts is http://www.babybungalow.com/ambreasp...ource=overture
    You may want to buy new valves ($3.00) for the tightest seal possible. I bought an extra set so I'd have the extra one one hand. However, I believe Baby Bungelow has same day shipping for emergencies so this might not be necessary.

To sterilize the plastic breast flanges, just run them through the dishwasher. Everything else can be washed in hot sudsey water.

FYI-all standard bottles should fit the pump. No need to buy the Ameda bottles.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me.
    Last edited by Maya's Mom; April 25th, 2006 at 11:55 AM.