Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: where to buy lactation aid(with bottle/enlarged nipple hole and feeding tube)?

Default where to buy lactation aid(with bottle/enlarged nipple hole and feeding tube)?

I could not breastfeed my #1 as I did not get milk till Day 7, by the time she got used to bottle. I am expecting my #2 in Aug 2007, would like to know where to buy lactation aid where to buy lactation aid(with bottle/enlarged nipple hole and feeding tube)?. I checked with my hospital, they said they will not provide it unless, there is a need for it. If my milk comes in late this time also, I don't want my #2 to be supplemented with formula in a bottle. Please help.

Default Re: where to buy lactation aid(with bottle/enlarged nipple hole and feeding tube)?

call your local leader she will be able to point you in the right direction.
    Get some help linned up so if you run into troubles you have somebody to call right away.
    heres a good link with other ideas for the bottle.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/a...e-feeding.html

the latation aid shouldn't be used with out help from a good lc!

Default Re: where to buy lactation aid(with bottle/enlarged nipple hole and feeding tube)?

Did you pump at all in the hospital? My milk wasnt coming in fast either so they had me nurse for as long as baby would ( he would fall asleep though cuz he was in that sleepy stage) and then id pump after each feeding for 10 minutes at least. Then I had the pumped colostrum/milk to supplement with and was helping my milk come in... I really didnt want to take the formula route, and to this day he has not had any We also tried to wake him up and get him to eat every 2 hours.
    Maybe invest in a pump, its nice to have anyway. You can rent one from your hospital ( in most cases).

Heres a link to check out on using/where to get special feeding products http://www.medela.com/NewFiles/specialtyfdg.html

Thanks for the replies. Yes I did pump and give breastmilk to DS till 6 months (whatever I was getting 10 - 15Oz per day) . But I greatly missed the feeling of breastfeeding directly. I will check with the local LC on the details.

I hope things work out for you this time. Dont be afraid to speak with a LC or LLL leader. They are GREAT help!