Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Soy milk for Mommy?

Default Soy milk for Mommy?

My LO (almost 8 wo) seems to be having a milk protein issue (a LOT of gas that makes her really fussy!) so I've cut dairy out of my diet. Does anyone know if soy milk is an option? I've read a lot of conflicting reports on soy milk and how the natural estrogens can be dangerous. And, like everyone else, I don't want to put my baby at risk. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated (I'm dying for a big old bowl of Cheerios!!!).

Default Re: Soy milk for Mommy?

Have you tried Lactaid? I think that babies who are sensitive to milk proteins tend to be sensitive to soy and peanuts too.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

i am latose intolerant, and i drank soy milk throughout my entire pregnancy, and now too... my DS is 8 wo, and doesn't see to have a problem. I buy the organic soy milk (I like the brand So Nice)

My DD also has milk protein issues. I avoid soy because it is another common allergy and because of the possible controversy with the estrogens. I just can't feel good using it regularly. I get rice milk for my cereal. It is like skim milk - very thin. I wouldn't suggest that it could replcae milk but it tastes good on my cereal. The main brands are Rice Dream and West Soy. My regular grocery store has both in the organic foods section.

TaraRenee is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

I LOOOOVE soy milk. In cereal, I really cant tell that much of a difference. The chocolate and latte flavors Silk makes are REALLY good.