Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Too cute!

Default Too cute!

Just a cute quickie:
    My little guy is 15 mo old and loves kisses. Last night he woke up at 12 to BF. Just before he latched on, he looked up at me with an open mouth and wouldn't start BF before he got a kiss from me.

This morning we were on the couch and he loves to pick up my shirt and look for my belly button; he's fascinated by the fact that everyone including him, has one. So he picked up my shirt higher and saw my bra. He holds my shirt up with 1 hand, pulls down the bra flap with the other, looks at me, makes a mmmmmmm sound, then aaaaahhhhhh as he's diving towards my breast.

As an aside, my husband will ask him "the cow goes" and DS says "mmmoooo". This is my DH's favorite game when we're nursing.

Good morning to all!!!!

Default Re: Too cute!

Oh, so cute! I think stories like this are why many of us say that BF only becomes more rewarding after one year.

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Awww, what a sweetheart! That "mmmmmmm" is a winner, isn't it? Dunno about the cow joke though, that one might get old pretty fast.
    Annie
    Mama to Jeremy Daniel (12/10/2005)

I'm a late cloth convert...and you? :tumbsup

That's too cute! I've been hit with the "cow comments" too but not from my dh but from my ds who's 10 years old. His baby sister #1 is 8 and so he doesn't remember seeing her bf but baby sis #2 is 18mos so he's been around the bfing and pumping this time. Anyway, I was on a fieldtrip with my ds and his class to a dairy farm. When we were in the milking barn my ds turned to me and asked in an innocent curious (not so quiet) 10 year old voice "Mom, do you feel like these cows when you're pumping for Savannah??" It was pretty funny. I just told him that I have a new respect for milk cows! He just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by moeween View Post
    This morning we were on the couch and he loves to pick up my shirt and look for my belly button; he's fascinated by the fact that everyone including him, has one. So he picked up my shirt higher and saw my bra. He holds my shirt up with 1 hand, pulls down the bra flap with the other, looks at me, makes a mmmmmmm sound, then aaaaahhhhhh as he's diving towards my breast.
    This made my smile, because my DD does the same thing. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, then aaaaahhhh, big dive into the boob.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I love that! So sweet!

Loving my Beautiful High Needs Baby Girl born 12/28/06

How sweet, I actually am fighting back tears!! Yes, I'm very pregnant and miss nursing my dd. We made it almost 16 mos. and I will treasure it forever. I loved how she would crawl into my lap and say with the sweetest little voice, "nurse??" while pulling up my shirt.

One of my all time favorite things was when she was about 6 to 8 mos. she would talk and laugh with a mouth full of boob. It was so cute.

Many good times .
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.