Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what am i eating

Default what am i eating

thats making him gassy?no soy,milk/dairy,leaven prods,caffiene or nuts in my diet...so what could it be?

Default Re: what am i eating

Dairy can "hide". Are you checking all your labels for whey or casien?

Some people seem to notice gassiness after they eat broccoli or cabbage or beans.

Babies have very immature digestive systems. Sometimes it doesn't have anything to do with what you ate.
    Lynda
    Tree-hugging, queer-loving, liberal, feminist Mommy to L August 2006

italian and mexican food, garlic, onion, oily foods are also known to produce gas in our (and the baby's) tummy.

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I love veggies, but have had to come to the sad realization that broccoli, beans and potatos are not my friends.

Jessica
    Fancy Momma to the Divine Miss M, 2/15/07 BF'ed for 17 months!
    Currently TTC Baby #2

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies - Damn it, you've got to be kind. - Kurt Vonnegut

Logan is going through a similar gassy period for some reason, and its really annoying during feeding times. He is so gassy and has these explosive poopies when he's BF'ing that he unlatches and cries until the gas is gone.

I've tried to give him lots of tummy time and burp him, but the gas just keeps a comin'. I might call the Dr. today to see if there is anything I can give him to help alleviate my lil gassy boy.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09