Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what to eat?

Question what to eat?

My son's pedia reminded me to watch what i'm eating because it might make my son gassy. food that i shouldbe avoiding or cut down on are italian/mexican, spicy, raw vegetables, salad, dairy, legumes, nuts, peanut butter, banana, chocolate...so what can i eat? what are your experiences and how did the food affect your DS/DG?

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Default Re: what to eat?

Hi Cecilia
    How old is your son?

LLL says there's no reason to cut any food out of your diet unless it's bothering your baby. Here's an article you might find helpful:
    http://www.lalecheleague.com/FAQ/avoid.html

HTH
    Jen
    "Mothers are designed to be available to their babies--to help them make the transition into this big, wide world. To teach them to trust, and love, and feel good about being alive."
    --Elizabeth N. Baldwin, Esq., So I Nursed Him Every 45 Minutes

Click here to find your local LLL Group
    How to tell if your breastfed baby is getting enough milk!

cows milk made my dd spit up and be a cranky baby.
    Once I got rid of it she was a diffent baby. She also had green poops that got beter with a little bit of block feeding.

he is 2 wks old. he is not a fussy baby. but when we went to see the doctor today, she noticed that his tummy is hard (i guess that's an indication of being gassy) and reminded me to watch what i'm eating.

andrea, what's block feeding?

Gabe and Jacob's Nanay

Gabe born on September 07, 2004

Jacob born on May 29, 2007

Block feeding is when you feed you lo off the same breast for 2 feeding in a row. It's a method to deal with the foremilk/hindmilk imbalance often caused by OALD/oversupply. If your baby is not fussy don't worry about changing your diet. Babies are gassy, provided it doesn't upset them you don't need to do anything different. I have to avoid broccoli/cabbage, chocolate and splurging on dairy for one of mine b/c it was painful for her, but her twin never had an issue with the same exact milk.