Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Orangish poop?

Default Orangish poop?

Okay, I know that I probably should have posted about this a long time ago, but I finally remembered while I was signed in. DS has a normal happy baby tummy, no troubles unless I eat something even remotely spicy, with any dairy or milk proteins, or too much soy. So I basically eat fresh prepared foods that I make myself, lots of greens (kale, chard, etc), beans, some tofu, rice milk when milk is needed nuts and nut butters and whole grains.

So the question is, why are his poops like a medium orange pb consistancy most of the time? And some times a VERY watery dark orange/brown. He doesn't ever seem to be uncomfortable. Oh, and he has mashed bananas every once and a while but only when I can get the organic ones, so not even once a week. But besides that he is ebf.

Default Re: Orangish poop?

Infant poop color and consistency varies widely. LLL had a tear-off sheet with pictures of normal poo looks like, in all it's colors and consistencies You may want to contact one of your local LLL Leaders and ask her to send you one.

The banana's that he is getting though can be a reason for the color/consistency of his poop. Your diet can affect the color/consistency of his poop as well as any vitamins that he may be receiving.

HTH!