Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: why does my Avent ISIS hand pump squeak?

Default why does my Avent ISIS hand pump squeak?

Hi. This is a quick question about a minor irritation -- recently my Avent Isis manual pump has started to sqeak. It doesn't do it all the time, but often it happens when I'm doing a 5am pumping in a room next to my sleeping baby and partner, and I'm afraid I'll wake them. Otherwise I love the pump, I use it once or twice a day and it works wonderfully for my needs. (My partner says the baby squeaks, so maybe there's a common explanation? ). I've tried adjusting the seals and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Anyone had any experience with this?

Annie

Default Re: why does my Avent ISIS hand pump squeak?

Hi,

I think mine has squeaked once or twice. I don't remember doing anything differently those times and have no idea what caused it. I am sorry I can't be more helpful.

This is a wild guess. Your breast fullness may be different so you are getting a different seal.

Maybe?

Mine has squeaked too from time to time. It seems to be coming from the handle part and I've assumed it's been assembled crooked or something. Does yours ALWAYS squeak or just occasionally?

I know it's annoying! But otherwise, don't you just LOVE this pump?

~Tina~

Yes, Tina, I do absolutely love this pump. I pump so quickly and easily and I find the care to be pretty simple. The squeaking does seem to come from the handle and doesn't always happen, but when it does it can get progressively louder toward the end of pumping. My latest theory is that it squeaks less when I put it together wet. I'm not sure about this but I'll let you know when I've experimented some more....

Thanks for the suggestions!

Annie

Hello

I was having the same problem. It helps to put the pump together with a little water.

DH was glad to learn it wasn't my boob that was squeaking!

Ha!!! That's funny. The guys do get a little freaked out by strange sights and sounds coming from those familiar breasts. Mine nearly did a double-take when he first saw milk spraying out -- and also when he peaked into pump tube when I was letting down on all cylinders.

Putting the pump together wet does seem to help. Thanks!

Annie

Hooray! I Googled "avent isis squeak" because I just couldn't take the squeaking anymore... I found this thread and, you're right, water works! It's the handle squeaking and just a drop of water STOPS THE SQUEAKING. Whew!
    Thanks so much!