Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Which Foods to avoid w/breastfeeding

Default Which Foods to avoid w/breastfeeding

I have read many times that I should be able to eat anything while breastfeeding, to be healthy in my choices and eat a little of everything. However, I notice that there are certain foods that make my newborn's colic worse, such as beans, chocolate, cranberry juice. Is there any other foods that you've noticed that makes your baby cry more with colic, or reflux?

Appreciate your comments.

Default Re: Which Foods to avoid w/breastfeeding

Milk - hands down for us. Dairy products are okay in moderation - but when I was drinking milk with breakfast or eating cereal... oi it was misery.

Have noticed more gas with kiebalsa and other sausages - but not the misery gas of milk

MUSTARD!

OMG the worst gas ever

I am a semi-vegetarian.. I only eat fish 1-2 times per week. My son was colicky and I cut out milk, didn't seem to affect him at all. Only thing I found to upset him was the combination of dairy with red sauce ( pizza, eggplant parm). If I ate that, I was guaranteed a miserable night. I can eat it now without any problems..
    I basically eat/drink everything.. I do watch my caffeine intake and of course I do not drink excessive amounts of alcohol ( maybe 2-3 drinks per week) and no tobacco. I don't take a daily vitamin ( I always forget) but I do try to consume alot of veggies and protein per day.
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

Thank you so much for your help. Anyone notice a problem with their multivitamin giving their newborns more colic?

lots of moms find that, some vitamans have milk products in them.

you guys are geniuses!!!I never thought of that